LOCAL RULES for EASTERN NC EVENTS
MAXIMUM SCORE PER HOLE – Triple Bogey Max Score for all flights EXCEPT Champ flight.
Optional Cash Games:
- POLEYs for all flights: $5 (All Par 3s, Hit your tee shot within the length of the Flagstick and earn a piece of the pot)
- DEUCEs for all flights: $5 (Card a 2 anywhere on the scorecard and earn a piece of the pot)
- Flight Skins: $15 (Only Flights of 10 or less players will be combined) Birdie or Better
- Super Skins for all flights: $10 Birdies or Better
BUNKERS -In the event that your ball is in a bunker that is unplayable due to the condition of the bunker (bunker wash out, under lining, animal tracks or ball in footprint) with verification from fellow competitors players will be allowed to “Rake and Replace”. This means that the player "MAY" lift the ball, rake the trap to create a “normal” bunker condition and then Replace the ball into the raked ORIGINAL spot.
DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES – Devices that measure distance only is in effect. Slope, temperature, wind speed must be turned off.
ONE-BALL RULE IS NOT IN EFFECT - By definition, a ball that is put in play must be the ball used from Tee to Green & Holed. A ball lost on a hole then another brand may be used until holed out. Players must have a marking on the ball.
Note: The GWAT National Championship is played with the One-Ball Rule in effect.
SUSPENSION OF PLAY – In the case of a Thunderstorm/Rain and by guidance from PGA STAFF a signal of three consecutive air horn blasts or by Live Score system will indicate PLAY SUSPENDED, players may complete the hole of play & take shelter near by, no need to return to Clubhouse. Players WILL NOT begin a new hole of play until the ALL CLEAR is sounded or announced.
SUSPENSION OF PLAY FOR DANGEROUS SITUATION - When LIGHTNING is immenant-All play must cease immediately and return to clubhouse. A suspension of play for a dangerous situation will be signaled by one long air horn blast. Mark your ball in play. All practice areas will be closed during a suspension of play.
RESOLVING RULES ISSUES DURING ROUND - If a competitor is doubtful of his rights or procedure, he may, without penalty, complete the hole with two balls.
OUT OF BOUNDS - Out of bounds is defined by the inside points of white stakes & inside edge of paved roads. A players ball that crosses into an OB area is penalized Stroke & Distance and must return to original spot where stroke was initiated from.
PENALTY AREAS - Defined by red stakes and/or lines or yellow stakes and/or lines and includes unmarked drainage ditches and other open water courses. Read USGA Ruling to execute proper drops.
GROUND UNDER REPAIR - Defined by white lines. White-lined areas tying into cart paths are part of those obstructions. Fire anthills, french drains and bare spots MARKED or UNMARKED in fairway are ground under repair.
STONES IN BUNKERS - Players MAY move loose impediments in bunkers ie: stones, leaves, food wrappers are examples of loose impediments.
EMBEDDED BALL - Relief for a ball embedded anywhere in the “general area”, except when embedded in Penalty Areas.
BALL AT REST MOVED ON PUTTING GREEN - When a player’s ball lies on the putting green, there is no penalty if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved by the player, his partner, his opponent, or any of their caddies or equipment. The moved ball or ball-marker must be replaced.
WOOD CHIPS AND MULCH – Playable areas but are considered loose impediments
DROP ZONES - Players will be informed of Drop Zones, if any, prior to the start of play. If drop zones are not covered in announcements prior to the round, there are no drop zones for the round.
PACE OF PLAY THE NUMBER ONE COMPLAINT of EACH EVENT: Each group is expected to maintain a 15 minute or better pace per hole. Groups that fall behind will be OFFICIALLY WARNED and put on clock immediately. That group must finish within 15 minutes and regain position by the 9th or 18th hole of play. Penalty Strokes will be issued to the player causing the slow play not the group! PLAY READY GOLF!
Temporary Lines, Cables and power equipment Temporary lines, cables and equipment for power used by the course (Includes mats covering or poles supporting them) are obstructions, players may take LINE OF SIGHT relief.
TEMPORARY IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS Include greenside fans, starting/scoring tents & temporary GWAT signage and/or flags. Interference under this Local Rule means that the player has Physical interference and/or Line of sight interference. In such situations, line of sight relief is allowed.
SODDED AREAS A ball coming to rest in a newly sodded area, seam or edge may be lifted, cleaned and dropped at the nearest point of relief, no closer to the hole.
AERATION HOLES Through the green, a ball that comes to rest in or on an aeration hole may be lifted, without penalty, cleaned and dropped, as near as possible to the spot where it lay but not nearer the hole. On the putting green, a ball that comes to rest in or on an aeration hole may be placed at the nearest spot not nearer the hole that avoids the situation.
Extensive Damage Due to Heavy Rain and Traffic Ground under repair may include areas of unusual damage, including areas where spectators or other traffic (Carts and maintenance equipment) have combined with wet conditions to alter the ground surface materially, but only when so declared by agreement of the group.
ELEVATED POWER LINES If a ball strikes an elevated power line or cable, the stroke MAY be canceled and replayed, without penalty. If the ball is not immediately recoverable, another ball may be substituted.
PROVISIONAL BALL Players WILL announce Provisional and hit a 2nd ball for a wayward or possibly LOST ball. Players are not expected to know where all RED STAKED or WHITE STAKED areas are located. Therefore the provisional may be played up to the point of the original ball. If the Original Ball comes to rest within a Penalty area then the Provisional Ball will be VOIDED and the player MAY recreate a new ruling voiding the Provisional Ball. In the case of a LOST BALL in the Penalty area then a POINT OF ENTRY must be determined by the group and the player must drop within 2 club lengths of the Penalty area or Straight Back keeping the Flag & Entry Point into Penalty Area as far back as needed.
SCORING - One official score card issued per group. Live scoring is mandatory, and scores must be entered accurately upon completion of each hole. After hole #9 & #18 the Live Scorer will verify with Official Scorer. Players 3 & 4 may use a local scorecard to track individual score. After completion of last hole ALL players will verify scores and sign. IMMEDIATELY after verification return card to TOUR STAFF for processing.
WHEN SCORECARD AND LIVE SCORE DO NOT MATCH – In the event the scores on the scorecard and live score do not match, an attempt will be made to have the player clarify the issue (mistakes happen), if the player is not able to be located, the score on the OFFICIAL SCORECARD will be used. It is the players responsibility to verify scores on both the scorecard and live score before turning in the card.
TIES, PLAYOFFS & PRIZE DISTRIBUTION - Any playoff necessary to determine 1st will be determined on the course starting on hole 18, unless otherwise instructed. The playoff will continue until the tie is broken or darkness stops play. If something prohibits us from doing a playoff, then we will do a scorecard playoff starting with BACK 9 Score, if still tied Last 6, then Last 3, then Last Hole..
- Players are responsible for making themselves available at the scoring table in order to start the playoff in reasonable time frame.
- If a player is not available to participate in the playoff, that player forfeits and assumes the Directors finishing position without objections.
- GWAT will not replace any lost gift cards after issued to a player.
ADDITIONAL RULES INFORMATION:
SEARCH FOR TIME FOR BALL: The time limit for looking for a lost ball is 3 minutes!!!!
PENALTY AREAS: There are no such things as water hazards any longer, these are penalty areas. When playing out of a penalty area, you are allowed to move loose impediments and ground your club. This does not mean you can take practice swings in the Penalty Area, rehearsal swings must be taken outside the Penatly Area before entering to execute shot.
ADDITIONAL BUNKER RULE: Players are allowed to place clubs in bunker. Grounding your club in a bunker is prohibited. Practice swings which touch the sand are prohibited.
Leaving flagstick in Hole: Players discretion, you may keep the Flag Stick in, removed or tended when putting on the green.
Alternative to Stroke and Distance for Lost Ball or Ball Out of Bounds:
- There will be NO Local Rule in place for Lost Ball or a Ball Out of Bounds. If you think your ball may be Out of Bounds or Lost, PLEASE, hit a provisional ball before you go and look. For Pace of play and the enjoyment of all players, you do not want to DRIVE back to the area where you hit your previous shot if the ball is indeed lost or OB.
FIXED DISTANCES USED FOR RELIEF AND DROP
- A club-length is defined as the length of the longest club in the player’s bag, except that this cannot be his or her putter.
DROPS Will be taken from KNEE height, not shoulder height. If you do this or see someone do this, please have the person re-drop. The is no penalty for an improper drop.
Damage on the putting green Includes all types of damage (such as ball-marks, shoe damage, indentations from a club or flagstick, animal damage, etc.), except aeration holes, natural surface imperfections or natural wear of the hole.
Conduct Expected of All Players:
- It declares that players are expected to play in the spirit of the game by:
- Acting with integrity: For example, by following the Rules, applying all penalties, and being honest in all aspects of play.
- Showing consideration to others: For example, by playing at a prompt pace, looking out for the safety of others, and not distracting the play of another player.
- Taking good care of the course: For example, by replacing divots, smoothing bunkers, repairing ball-marks, and not causing unnecessary damage to the course. This includes carts, rakes, flags and any other items deemed part of the course by the Director.
- Controlling Achohol Consumption- Drunkeness "WILL NOT" be tolerated.
- APPLYING THE RULES:
- Player Responsibility for Applying the Rules. Players are responsible for applying the Rules to themselves:
- Players are expected to recognize when they have breached a Rule and to be honest in applying their own penalties.
- If a player knows that he or she has breached a Rule that involves a penalty and deliberately fails to apply the penalty, the player is REPRIMANDED.
- If two or more players deliberately agree to ignore any Rule or penalty they know applies and any of those players have started the round, they are REPRIMANDED (even if they have not yet acted on the agreement).
Cheating during the stipulated tournament round and/or while competing for the Optional Skins and Poleys games WILL NOT BE TOLERATED and could lead to EXPULSION from the Tour. Two Reprimands in a season will also lead to Tour EXPULSION.